Wishing you a spook-tacular Halloween! Mwah ha ha ha……
After a brief hiatus, Disney Fairytale Files is back with all new content, reviews and fun!
Stay tuned! 😉
Spring has officially sprung, the snow is melting, the birds are singing, and it’s that time of year when bloggers pat each other on the back and give eachother ‘awards’ and praise. Yay!
This year, I’ve been nominated for the Liebster Award by none other than my fellow Disney addict, The Animation Commendation!
The rules for Liebster Awards are simple:
1. Thank the blogger who nominated you (Thanks Mark!!!)
2. Answer the 11 questions they asked you (should be simple!)
3. Nominate 11 other blogs who have less than 500 followers (yikes, getting harder)
4. Post 11 questions for your nominees to answer (hmmm, must put thinking cap on….)
5. Let your nominees know you’ve chosen them!
And that’s it! So let’s answer some questions!
1) What is the difference between a raven and a writing desk?
Okay, now I’m not gonna lie. Had to google this one. And…..I’m still confused! Ha ha!
2) If Pinocchio says that he’s going to tell a lie, what happens to his nose?
Well, I guess my question would be, has he officially told the lie yet?
3) If you can match any two Disney characters together romantically (who aren’t already romantically attached to each other), whom would they be?
Holly Shiftwell and Dusty Cropduster
4) If you could make a live-action version of any animated Disney film, which would it be?
Tangled is one of my favorites, so I’d have to say that one.
5) If you could make an animated version of any live-action Disney film, which would it be?
Pirates of the Caribbean, but you still need Johnny’s voice
6) How do you feel about movies being over 2.5 hours long?
NOOOOOOOO, unless it’s Harry Potter
7) Who are your top 3 celebrity crushes?
Alex Skarsgard, Johnny Depp, Stephen Amell
8) Who are your top 3 celebrities whom you can’t stand?
Kim Kardashian, Kanye West, Lindsay Lohan
9) Which famous celebrity would you want to voice an animated character (who hasn’t already done so)?
Is there anyone that hasn’t done an animated film? Hmm…I’ll say Jimmy Fallon
10) Who are your top 3 animated crushes?
Flynn Rider, Beast, Prince Eric
11) Did you enjoy Man of Steel?
And that’s it for me!
Now I need to come up with 11 snappy questions for my 11 nominees. Here are your questions:
1. If you could be any animated character, who would you choose?
2. What’s your favorite attraction or ride at any Disney Park?
3. What is your LEAST favorite Disney movie and why?
4. What was your favorite grade in school?
5. If you could host a talk show, who would be your first guest?
6. If your life was a song, what song would it be?
7. Rain or snow?
8. What is your favorite sports team?
9. How many hours do you spend on the internet each day?
10. What is the first thing you do in the morning when you get up?
and….wait for it…..
11. Favorite vacation spot
Now, it’s time to nominate 11 other people. I hereby nominate:
1. Disney Nerd
2. Just a Dad with Disney Questions
3. Disney to Infinity and Beyond
5. Disney Forever
6. Christy’s Disney Dining
7. Magical World of Walt
8. a crazy mom’s world
9. The Francine Seal of Approval
10. Inside the Mouse House
11. Disney on My Mind
and that’s it! Have fun with it! and once again, thanks The Animation Commendation for the nomination!
Disney’s Oscar Award winning animated feature film ‘Frozen’ has grossed more than $1 Billion at the box office in less than four months. This makes Frozen the 18th highest grossing film of all time.
Let’s say that again: OF.ALL.TIME.
And the second highest grossing animated film after Toy Story 3. Not that I’m surprised. I felt the movie was incredible, the scenery was beautiful and the characters left something for everyone to enjoy. Both my kids are still talking about the movie and singing the songs. Ok, I’ll admit it, so am I.
The good news: Disney is already in talks for a sequel and producing a Broadway show based on the film.
The bad news: Merchandise is hard to find at most stores (I am finding, at least). Have you checked e-bay lately? People are selling items for double, triple and even quadruple what they paid for them (not to mention what they’re really worth after the enormous ‘mark up’).
As Elsa would say…..”Let it go”…..
Happy, Happy Labor Day!
Labor Day is celebrated every year in Canada + the US on the 1st Monday in September. It signals the end of summer and recognizes the achievements of working people in both countries.
So take a load off, relax, and perhaps there’s a gooseberry pie waiting for you in the oven! 😉