A few weeks ago, Esther from Enchanting Beginnings nominated me for a Liebster Award.
What’s a Liebster Award?
I asked myself the same question! While I was excited and overjoyed that Esther would first FIND my blog and second, NOMINATE me for something was incredible. But what was this award she was talking about? Well, the Liebster Award is given to up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. “Liebster” is German and means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome. The Liebster Award is a great way of communicating and meeting other bloggers and getting the word out there about our passions!!
The Liebster Award comes with a few rules (you didn’t think you could be nominated and not have to do SOMETHING to earn it, right?! 😉 )
~ You answer the 11 questions your nominator asks you
~ You post 11 facts about yourself.
~ You nominate 3-5 new bloggers.
~ Ask them 11 questions.
~ You let everyone you nominate know so they can share the love!
First, I will answer the 11 questions Esther from Enchanting Beginnings asked me!
1) If your house was burning down, what three items would you save (your mate and kids have already gotten out safely)? Assuming my family was safe, I would probably go for my hard drive and photos. I am obsessed with documenting all of the moments in my children’s lives and I would be devestated if I lost any of it.
2) What’s your favorite cartoon character? It’s a tie – between Donald Duck and Piglet
3) What is your favorite vacation spot? What do you love about it? Gotta be Disney World, and what is there NOT to love about it? Okay, maybe the lines…. lol!!
4) If a movie was made of your life, what actor/actress would play you? Reese Witherspoon…..before her arrest!
5) How many rings before you answer the phone? Once I hear my automated robot call display lady tell me who it is!
6) If you knew you could not fail, what would you do? Probably something to do with money – win the lotto, gamble and win big, which is probably why I will never win!
7) Listener or Talker? I think I’m pretty good at both! I like to ask a lot of questions and hear people tell me their answers or life stories.
8) When is the last time you cried? Why? A few weeks ago, when I spent the last day alone with my son before he starts Kindergarten in the fall and my daughter would be home all summer from school.
9) Would you rather be rich or famous? Rich. Who cares about being famous? Too much hassle.
10) What is the weirdest item in your purse or car? Wierd? I have a Darth Vader Pez in my purse, is that wierd?
11) Which is the better vacation: itinerary or no itinerary? As a total planner, I have to say itinerary, with some room for “free time” penciled in for unscheduled activities!!
11 Random Facts about me (remember I said random, not necessarily interesting! 😉 )
1) My first child was born on my 5th wedding anniversary and was the best present I have ever received in my life. No anniversary gift will ever top that.
2) My favorite decade is the 80s and I am crazy about 80s music and movies!
3) I once got my thumb locked in a car door and had to go to the hospital where they poked a hot needle into the middle of my thumb to let the blood drain out. Not pleasant!
4) I started playing piano at age 4 and have perfect pitch. I taught while I was going to University, but haven’t played in the last 15 years.
5) I used to be obsessed with the soap opera “The Young & the Restless” and watched for 25+ years. I even met Michelle Stafford (Phyllis) and Shemar Moore (Malcolm). I gave it up a few years back out of frustration for the never moving storylines. Even when I turn it on now and then, nothing really seems to have changed.
6) My favorite band since childhood is U2. I started liking them around age 10 and was made fun of all through junior high for liking them (I guess Milli Vanilli was a better option).
7) My first big trip was to Disney World when I as 18. My mom took me as a graduation/birthday gift. I went on my honeymoon 6 years later, and have been 2 more times with my kids.
8) My favorite numbers are 8 and 88. Completely random fact. 🙂
9) I love to take pictures. I have tons of photo albums bursting with photos. Complete passion for me.
10) My favorite hobby is reading books. Every year I do a ‘Pledge’ with friends to read 50 books. Last year I hit 50 exactly, this year I’ve hit 38 half way through the year. I’m trying to beat last year’s total!
11) I am an organization freak and make lists and write everything down. I even have journals for each of my children that I write down things that happen in their life. People think it’s crazy, I just want them to look back someday and see all the cute and funny stuff they did/said.
And the Nominees are…… (drum roll please)
The Animation Commendation – a tribue to Disney animation! Awesome blogger and great information on Disney animation! Much success to you, my friend! 😉
My Orlando Fix – an informative, insightful ex-Disney Cast member obsessed with WDW and Orlando. What’s not to love? Best wishes to you! 😉
Christy’s Disney Dining – great new blog with tips (& awesome pictures!) on Disney Dining. One of my favorite topics!! Best of luck to you Christy! 😉
Here are my questions for you all:
1) What made you start a blog?
2) What was your first job?
3) Who do you admire most and why?
4) What’s your favorite movie?
5) It’s Saturday night – What do you do for fun?
6) What’s your favorite childhood memory?
7) Where is the one place you’d like to go that you haven’t visited yet?
8) If you could live in another place/time, what would you choose?
9) What celebrity do you resemble the most?
10) What bill do you dread paying each month?
11) What’s your pet peeve?
Thanks Esther for nominating me and welcoming me into the blogging world! I hope you guys have fun reading this and to those I’m nominating I hope you have fun as well! 😉